Saturday, September 13, 2008

Reconnecting at Raw Spirit

I must say I really dig going to this event. It's so cool to connect with people that are not only new to raw food but so fully get it. These are the people that are the foundation of the raw food movement. The ones who have been eating, creating, producing raw foods for a long time devoutly-- those people for whom, raw foods have impacted them so deeply that it's a core part of their identities. 

Today was a day of meeting cool new people and reconnecting with all of my superfood superhero friends. There's nothing more gratifying than for someone to ask me on a Friday night, "Hey you wanna go do some ormus rock tonight?" It's like gazing deep into my soul. Surrounded by activated people high on cacao, kombucha, liquid gold, chlorella and reishi-- really, just high on life and living at that highest frequency where you feel so clear-- your body is free of clutter from digestion and toxicity. To be suspended in this state for a whole weekend is one high I'll roll with. 

If you've been reading this and have checked out any of my earlier posts, you'll know that my journey in raw foods has not been a clear cut map from Point A to Point B. There are and have been many pit-stops along the way, where a non-raw tasty treat may cross my path, or I deviate to enjoy a dinner with a good friend. While I understand that those choices may not allow me to totally get to that optimal level of healing that raw foods has to offer, I typically do feel amazing and I take all of those experiences in stride, for the wonderful feelings and memories they offer me that can't be qualified with food. 

At the same time, I'm given a reason to appreciate an event like this that much more. To connect with people who fundamentally have the same mission and share the same interests-- to go deeper into themselves through physical and spiritual connection, and how raw foods are so very much a part of the process. LOVE IT. 

Wow-- did I say it was only Friday night? I can only imagine what my blog entries will look like by the end of the weekend.... 

*PLAY HARD*EAT RAW*

No comments: